Citation & Reference
Citation and Reference
Zotero Citation and Reference Management Software
Zotero is a free, open source and easy-to-use citation and reference management tool that helps scholars and authors to collect, organize, cite, and share their research sources. It can be downloaded as a browser extension for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari and as a standalone program that works with Windows, Mac, or Linux systems. It is also a desktop application that lives in your browser.
Zotero is the only research tool that automatically senses content in your web browser, allowing you to add it to your personal library with a single click. Whether you're searching for a preprint on arXiv.org, a journal article from JSTOR, a news story from the New York Times, or a book from your university library catalog, Zotero has you covered with support for thousands of sites.
Zotero can help to:
- Annotate and organize research results, including video.
- Save information about a reference including author, title, and publication information.
- Create libraries and save searches, and share collections with other people.
- Attach files, links, notes, and PDFs to records.
- Store a screenshot of a web page.
- Export information as formatted citations in word processing programs.
- Tag and sort records and perform advanced searches.
- View records from personal collection when offline.
- Support thousands of publication formats with more styles added daily.
- Cite records in any language.
- Go to https://www.zotero.org/
- Click on the “Download Now”
- Click on the Zotero 4.0 for Windowsbutton and Save.
- Double Click on the Zotero Setup file.
- Choose your operating system/browser under “Zotero Standalone”
- Register your profile through the link: https://www.zotero.org/user/register/